Welcome to Philadelphia Implant Education!
This introductory course for the diagnosis, treatment planning and placement of dental implants will occur over three weekend sessions. Participants will also be required to attend one live surgical demonstration of implant placement with associated treatment planning as an adjunct to didactic sessions.
This course will begin with case identification before moving to treatment planning straightforward cases and progressing to the basics of bone grafting and implant placement. Subsequent didactic sessions will cover diagnosis using CBCT scanning, fabrication of surgical guides for computer guided surgeries, placement of implants in models and pig jaws, suturing techniques, and prosthetic restoration of implant cases, including single-unit cases and mandibular over dentures.
This course is ideal for clinicians interested in learning about implant treatment planning, placement and restoration.
Mentoring for continued support of participants will be available to participants of the course to ensure a level of competence for the continued implant placement.
Philadelphia implant education Participants’ objectives
- Identify appropriate cases for implant treatment
- Understand the difference between conventional x-rays and CT scan and how to review basic anatomy on a CBCT scan
- Prosthetically plan implant cases for surgical guidance using treatment planning software
- Prepare osteotomy sites for implant placement with bone and socket grafting
- Place implants in straightforward cases on typodent models/porcine jaw
- Understand suturing techniques for different types of implant site closure
- Fabricate a prosthetic guide for implant surgery
- Prosthetic disciplines for implant restorations
All course attendees will receive their CE letter from Philadelphia Implant Education.
Robert Walinchus, DMD
Subject Code: 690
Time: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Tuition: $3,500 Payable to Walinchus Inc.
Embassy Suites - Philadelphia Airport
9000 Bartram Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19153
Clinicians interested in learning to treatment plan
and place implants
CE Credit: 49.0 Hours
Contact Tony for more information: (610) 543-5673